Android 1.0 and Android 1.1
Android versions history involves the versions updates from 1.0 till date. Here is the detailed review of Android 1.0 and Android 1.1 Versions.
Android 1.0, the primary commercial version of the software, was released on September 23, 2008. The first commercially accessible Android gadget was the HTC Dream.
Android 1.0 was clearly far less created than the operating system , however there are a couple of similarities. For instance, most concurred that Android basically nailed how to manage warnings, and it incorporated the draw down notice window that destroyed the notice system in iOS.
Another advancement in Android is the Google Play Store, which, at the time, was known as the Market. While Apple beat it to the punch by propelling the App Store on the iPhone a couple of months sooner, the truth of the matter is that together they kick started the possibility of an centralized place to get all your applications — something that is difficult to envision not having now.
Aside from the Market, Android 1.0 likewise gloated the capacity to utilize home screen gadgets, a component that iOS did not have. Truth be told, iOS still doesn’t give you a chance to put gadgets on your home screen. Unfortunately, developers couldn’t make their own particular gadgets at the time. Presently, that is changed. To wrap things up, the main form of Android had profound combination with Gmail, an administration that had officially taken off at the time.
Android 1.0 includes the below features:
- Android Market allowed application downloads and updates through the Market application
- Internet browser to show, zoom and skillet full HTML and XHTML website pages – various pages appear as windows (“cards”)
- Camera support – however, this version did not have the choice to change the camera’s determination, white adjust, quality, etc.
- Folders allowing the gathering of various application icons into a solitary envelope icon on the Home screen
- Access to web email servers, supporting POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP
- Gmail synchronization with the Gmail application
- Google Contacts synchronization with the People application
- Google Calendar synchronization with the Calendar application
- Google Maps with Street View to see maps and satellite imagery, and also discover neighborhood business and get driving directions utilizing GPS
- Google Sync, permitting administration of over-the-air synchronization of Gmail, People, and Calendar
- Google Search, enabling users to look through the Internet and telephone applications, contacts, timetable, and so on.
- Google Talk texting
- Texting, content informing, and MMS
- Media Player, empowering administration, bringing in, and playback of media documents –however, this version lacked video and stereo Bluetooth support
- Notices show up in the Status bar, with alternatives to set ringtone, LED or vibration alerts
- Voice Dialer permits dialing and setting of calls without typing a name or number
- Backdrop enables the client to set the foundation picture or photograph behind the Home screen symbols and gadgets
- YouTube video player
- Different applications include: Alarm Clock, Calculator, Dialer (Phone), Home screen (Launcher), Pictures (Gallery), and Settings
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support
Android Version 1.1
Initially Android Version 1.1 Update was relased for the HTC Dream only . It is known as “Petit Four” internally, though this name was not used officially. The Android Version update resolved bugs, changed the Android API and added a number of features.
Android Version 1.1 wasn’t an unrest by any stretch of imagination — it fixed a genuinely protracted rundown of bugs, essentially — however in the event that nothing else, it approved Android’s capacity to take off updates over the air and make them about easy for clients to introduce.
At the time, that was a major ordeal, and it was something that no other major smartphone platform was doing. (It’s no fortuitous event that Danger’s Hiptop platform , which brought forth the Sidekick, had been putting forth effortless, staged over-the-air OS updates for a considerable length of time. Android’s Andy Rubin had beforehand founded Danger.
Android 1.1 includes the below features:
- Reviews and details accessible when a user looks for business on Maps
- Longer in-call screen timeout default when utilizing the speakerphone, in addition to capacity to hide/show dialpad
- Capacity to save attachments in messages
- Support included for marquee in system formats