Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (API 18) was released on July 24, 2013. Within a week most Nexus devices received the update, although the second-generation Nexus 7 tablet was the first device to officially ship with it. On August 22, 2013,a minor bugfix update was released .
Android 4.3 expands on the execution enhancements effectively includes into Jelly Bean — vsync timing, triple buffering, lessened touch inertness, CPU input lift, and equipment quickened 2D rendering — and includes new development that make Android significantly speedier.
For an illustrations execution support, the equipment quickened 2D renderer now advances the surge of illustration summons, changing it into a more proficient GPU design by adjusting and consolidating draw activities. For multithreaded preparing, the renderer can likewise now utilize multithreading over numerous CPU centers to play out specific task.
Android 4.3 likewise enhances rendering for shapes and content. Shapes, for example, circles and adjusted square shapes are currently rendered at higher quality in a more proficient way. Development for content includes expanded execution when utilizing different textual styles or complex glyph sets (CJK), higher rendering quality when scaling content, and speedier rendering of drop shadows.
Android 4.3 presents worked in platform support for Bluetooth Smart Ready in the focal part and gives a standard arrangement of APIs that applications can use to find close-by gadgets, inquiry for GATT administrations, and read/compose qualities.
With the new APIs, your applications can productively check for gadgets and administrations of interest. For every gadget, you can check for upheld GATT benefits by UUID and oversee associations by gadget ID and flag quality. You can associate with a GATT server facilitated on the gadget and read or compose attributes, or enlist an audience to get notices at whatever point those qualities change.
This version introduces built-in support for VP8 encoding, available from structure and local APIs. For applications utilizing local APIs, the platform includes OpenMAX 1.1.2 augmentation headers to help VP8 profiles and levels. VP8 encoding support includes settings for target bitrate, rate control, outline rate, token apportioning, blunder flexibility, reproduction and circle channels. The stage API presents VP8 encoder bolster in a scope of arrangements, so you can exploit the best configuration for your substance.
VP8 encoding is accessible in programming on every single perfect gadget running Android 4.3. For most noteworthy execution, the stage additionally bolsters equipment quickened VP8 encoding on competent gadgets.
Applications can utilize new media muxer APIs to join rudimentary sound and video streams into a solitary yield document. At present applications would multiplex be able to a solitary MPEG-4 sound stream and a solitary MPEG-4 video stream into a solitary MPEG-4 yield record. The new APIs are a partner to the media demuxing APIs presented in Android 4.2.
Android 4.3 includes RTL execution improvements and more extensive RTL bolster crosswise over system UI gadgets, including ProgressBar/Spinner and ExpandableListView. Additional investigating data obvious through the uiautomatorviewer device. Furthermore, more framework UI segments are presently RTL mindful, for example, notices, route bar and the Action Bar.
To give a superior systemwide involvement in RTL contents, more default framework applications presently bolster RTL designs, including Launcher, Quick Settings, Phone, People, SetupWizard, Clock, Downloads, and then some.
The “4.3 is for wearables” theory clarified the moderately low number of features in 4.3: it was pushed out the way to give OEMs time to refresh gadgets in time for the dispatch of Android Wear. The task appears to have worked. Android Wear requires Android 4.3 and up, which has been out for so long now that most real leaders have updated.
Android 4.3 was not too energizing, but rather Android release starting now and into the foreseeable future didn’t should be all that energizing. Everything turned out to be modularized to the point that Google could drive update out when they were done through Google Play, instead of drop everything in one immense block as an OS refresh.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean includes following features:
- Bluetooth low vitality support
- Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 help
- OpenGL ES 3.0 help, taking into account enhanced game graphics
- Confined access mode for new client profiles
- Filesystem compose execution change by running fstrim summon while gadget is idle
- Dial cushion auto-finish in the Phone application
- Volume for approaching calls (ringtone) and warning cautions is not any more customizable independently
- Upgrades to Photo Sphere
- Revamped camera UI, beforehand presented on Google Play version phones
- Expansion of “Application Ops”, a fine-grained application consents control framework (covered up by default)
- SELinux empowered as a matter of course
- 4K determination support
- Various security refreshes, execution upgrades, and bugfixes
- Framework level help for geofencing and Wi-Fi examining APIs
- Foundation Wi-Fi area still runs notwithstanding when Wi-Fi is killed
- Engineer logging and examining upgrades
- Included help for five more languages
- Changed computerized rights administration (DRM) APIs
- Appropriate to-left (RTL) dialects now supported
- Check in the status bar vanishes if clock is chosen as lockscreen gadget
- Local emoticon support
- Bugfixes and little changes for the Nexus 7 LTE