Android 5.0 Lollipop (API 21) was released on June 25, 2014, during Google I/O. It wound up accessible as official over-the-air (OTA) reports on November 12, 2014, for select gadgets that run conveyances of Android adjusted by Google, including Nexus and Google Play release gadgets. Its source code was made accessible on November 3, 2014.Lollipop highlights an updated UI worked around a responsive plan language alluded to as “material outline”.
Duarte and his group had tried different things with a “Tron” tasteful in Honeycomb, and a “Card” theme in Jelly Bean, yet Material Design at long last spoke to a strong outline framework for all of Google. Material Design went past UI rules and turned into a character for Google as an organization.
Material Design brought a total upgrade to about each interface in Android. First of all, the whole center System UI was changed. Android 5.0 Lollipop got a patched up set of catches that look somewhat like a PlayStation controller: triangle, circle, and square catches presently spoke to back, home, and late applications, individually. The status bar was all new because of an arrangement of overhauled symbols.
Late applications got a major patch up, changing from a vertical rundown of little thumbnails to a falling perspective of huge, nearly fullscreen thumbnails. It likewise got another name (which didn’t generally stick) called “Review.” This certainly appears to be something that was enlivened by Chrome’s tab switcher in past forms.
Chrome’s tab switcher was gone in this released, coincidentally. While trying to put Web applications on even ground with introduced applications, Chrome tabs were converged into the Overview list. Believe it or not: the rundown of later “applications” now indicated as of late opened applications blended in with as of late opened sites.
In Lollipop, the ongoing applications list likewise took a “record driven” approach, which means applications could put in excess of one posting into the ongoing applications list. For example if you opened two records in Google Docs, both would be appeared in late applications, enabling you to effortlessly switch between them instead of switching forward and backward through the application’s document list.
The warning board was all new. Google brought the “card” theme to the warning board, putting away every thing in its own particular square shape. Singular warnings transformed from a dull foundation to a white one with better typography and round symbols. These new warnings went to the bolt screen, transforming it from a generally pointless interstitial screen to an extremely valuable “this is what happened while your were gone” screen.
Full screen warnings for calls and alerts were exiled, supplanted with a “heads up” notice that would fly into the best piece of the screen. Heads-up warnings additionally came to “high-need” application notices, which were initially expected for IM messages. It was up to designers to choose what was a high-need notice however, and after engineers understood this would make their warnings more recognizable, everybody began compelling them on clients. Later forms of Android would settle this by giving clients control over the “high-need” setting
A significant number of these new applications originated from Google Drive, which split up from a solid application into an application for every item. There was currently Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides, all from the Drive group. Drive is additionally in charge of the passing of Quickoffice, which was devoured by the Drive group.
In the “Google can never decide” class: “Individuals” got renamed back to “Contacts” again, and a SMS application called “Ambassador” was restored at the command of cell bearers. (Those transporters disliked Google Hangouts assuming control SMS obligations.) We got one really new administration: Google Fit, a wellness following application that took a shot at Android phones and Android Wear watches. There was additionally a patch up of Play Magazines to includes sites, so it changes names to “Play Newsstand.”
The Play Store took after a comparative way to other Lollipop applications. There was a gigantic visual revive with strong hues, new typography, and a new format. It’s uncommon that there’s any extra usefulness here, only another layer of paint on everything.
The Navigation board for the Play Store could now really be utilized for route, with passages for each area of the Play Store. Candy additionally ordinarily got rid of the flood catch in the activity bar, rather choosing to run with a solitary activity catch (typically hunt) and dumping each additional alternative in the route bar. This gave clients a solitary place to search for things as opposed to hunting through two distinct menus.
Likewise new in Lollipop applications was the capacity to influence the status to bar straightforward. This permitted the activity bar shading to drain directly through the status bar, making the bar just somewhat darker than the encompassing UI. A few interfaces even utilized a full-drain saint picture at the highest point of the screen, which would appear through the status bar.
Android 5.0 Lollipop includes following features:
- Android Runtime (ART) with early (AOT) assemblage and enhanced junk accumulation (GC), supplanting Dalvik that consolidates bytecode elucidation with follow based in the nick of time (JIT) compilation
- Support for 64-bit CPUs
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android Extension Pack (AEP) on bolstered GPU designs
- Recent activities with errands rather than applications, up to an arranged most extreme of assignments per application
- Vector drawables, which scale without losing definition
- Support for print sneak peaks
- Material outline, bringing a restyled UI
- Invigorated lock screen, never again supporting widgets
- Invigorated notice plate and speedy settings pull-down
- Task Volta, for battery life upgrades
- Inquiries can be performed inside the framework settings for snappier access to specific settings
- lock screen gives alternate routes to application and warning settings
- Visitor logins and numerous user accounts are accessible on more gadgets, for example, phones.
- Sound info and yield through USB gadgets
- Outsider applications recover the capacity to peruse and adjust information found anyplace on outer capacity, for example, on SD cards.
Sticking of an application’s screen for confined client activity.
- As of late utilized applications are recollected even in the wake of restarting the device.
- WebViews get refreshes freely through Google Play for security reasons, rather than depending on framework wide seller updates
- Expansion of 15 new dialects: Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil and Telugu
- Tap and Go enables clients to rapidly relocate to another Android gadget, utilizing NFC and Bluetooth to exchange Google Account subtle elements, design settings, client information and introduced applications
- A spotlight style application is incorporated, chipping away at upheld gadgets with a camera flash.
- Client adaptable needs for application notifications.
Keen lock feature
- SELinux in upholding mode for all areas
- Refreshed emoji
- Enhanced openness bolster (e.g. switch get to support)
- Square based over-the-air (OTA) refreshes for new devices
- A couple of bugfixes, incorporating settling issues with video playback and watchword disappointments dealing with
- Fixes a bug with TRIM help (presented in Version 4.3), which kept gadgets from running on-charger cleanups of record framework portions if the gadget was killed at midnight, or on the off chance that it was charged just when in use.
- Changes how cautions wake the CPU, and how alerts go after framework resources.