Android 8.0 Oreo (API 26) was first released as a developer preview on March 21, 2017, with factory images for current Nexus and Pixel devices. It was the 8th major release of the Android operating system .The final developer preview was released on July 24, 2017. The stable version released in August 2017.
Android 8.0 includes an assortment of framework and API behavior changes . Android 8.0 (API level 26) includes support for warning channels, applications to sort out their notices into topical classes. Every classification can have its own particular alarm style, and clients can specifically empower or handicap classes to coordinate their interests. This example exhibits how to make channels and fittingly clarify warnings.
This version exhibits the utilization of the Autofill Framework presented in Android 8.0 (API level 26). It incorporates executions of customer Activities that need to be autofilled, and a Service that can give autofill information to those Activities.
Additionally it demonstrates essential utilization of Picture-in-Picture mode for handheld contraptions. The case plays a video. Although the app is changed into Picture-in-Picture mode the video keeps playing. On Picture-in-Picture screen, the application shows an action thing to interference or resume the video.
Android 8.0 includes downloadable Fonts. Downloadable Fonts permits applications to ask for a specific textual style from a supplier, rather than packaging it or downloading it themselves. This implies there is no compelling reason to freely package the textual style as a benefit.
EmojiCompat shows utilization of the Emoji Compatibility Support Library. You can utilize this library to keep your application from indicating missing emoticon characters as tofu . You can utilize either packaged or downloadable emoticon textual styles. This example demonstrates the two utilizations.
The Bluetooth Advertisements test was refreshed to agree to Android 8.0 (API level 26’s) experience execution limits. The foundation benefit which was utilized to communicate Bluetooth LE Advertisements; this procedure is currently begun as a closer view administration to guarantee execution.
Another NDK API that gives Pro Audio applications access to low-inactivity sound on upheld gadgets was AAudio . This example exhibits how to make an info and yield stream, designed for loopback.
Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo includes following features:
- Project Treble, the greatest change to the establishments of Android to date: a measured design that makes it simpler and speedier for equipment producers to convey Android updates
- Picture-in-picture support
- Support for Unicode 10.0 emoticon (5.0) and substitution of all blob-formed emoticons by cycle ones with angle and outline
- Updated Quick Settings and Settings with white foundation and individually dark and Accent textual style shading
- Rebuilt Settings by regrouping in segments comparable sections
- Versatile symbols
- Notice upgrades
- Notice channels
- Notice specks (identifications)
- Notice napping
- Notice shade multi-hues (for music collection craftsmanship, delivery people and so on)
- Framework wide Autofill structure
- Sony LDAC codec bolster
- Application particular obscure sources
- Multi-show bolster
- 2 times quicker boot time
- Applications foundation execution and area limits
- Google Play Protect
- Downloadable text styles
- Coordinated printing support
- Shading administration (profound shading and wide shading extent)
- Wi-Fi Assistant
Android 8.1 Oreo
Android Oreo is the 8th major release of the Android operating system. It was first released as a developer preview on October 25, 2017, with factory images for current Nexus and Pixel devices. A second developer preview was made available on November 27, 2017 for Nexus and Pixel devices, before the stable version was released on December 5, 2017.
Android 8.1 includes select new highlights and designer APIs (API level 27), alongside the most recent advancements, bug fixes, and security patches.Android 8.1 incorporates an arrangement of memory improvements for Android Go designs (1GB or less of memory). It includes new equipment highlight constants so you would now be able to focus on the conveyance of your applications and APK parts to typical or low-RAM gadgets running Android 8.1 and later.
It empowers equipment quickened induction tasks on upheld gadgets. The Neural Networks API as a foundational layer for ML systems like TensorFlow Lite – Google’s up and coming cross-stage ML structure for versatile – and Caffe2 and others.
Android 8.1 rendition enables you to utilize autofill structure. new API lets applications dispense shared memory for quicker access to basic information. Applications can outline shared memory and oversee security controls utilizing the SharedMemory API. The API is parcelable, AIDL amicable, and uncovered valuable highlights like evacuating compose consents.
Android 8.1 Oreo includes following features:
- Neural systems API
- Shared memory API
- WallpaperColors API
- Bluetooth battery level for associated gadgets, available in Quick Settings
- Android Oreo Go Edition, a discretionary lightweight dispersion of Android for low-end gadgets with under 1 GB of RAM
- Autofill system refreshes
- Automatic Safe Browsing activities
- Route catches diminish when not being used
- Visual changes to ‘Power Off’ and ‘Restart’ including another screen and drifting toolbar
- Toast messages are currently white in shading with same existing straightforwardness
- Programmed light and dull themes
- New Easter Egg as an official Oreo treat picture
- Cheeseburger emoticon corrected to move position of the cheddar cut.
Check out Android 9.0 here.